Did you mis the Azureus update? (I did.) The latest Azureus package was released on 8-22-06 and is ready for the p2p crowd consumption. I would imagine we will see updates much faster since uTorrent and Azureus are apparently at each others throats.
Who has the best bittorrent software?
1. What’s new in Azureus 22.214.171.124
1.1 Send to Friend
A wizard to simplify sending a link to content to a friend or to embed in a web page (e.g. a blog).1.2 Auto upload speed
This feature controls your upload speed based on the latency of your internet connection as gauged by pinging other members of the Distributed Database.
1.3 Other new features
- OSX: Open .torrent files into Azureus via Finder/Desktop/etc.
- ‘Do not download’ files handled more consistently with respect to download completion.
- Renaming of a download directories.
- Moving of data files on torrent removal from Azureus.
- Signed updates and plugins for improved security.
- Interface improvements – more information: date added, idle times, new info view, file piece view; more per-torrent options.
- Debug information generator.
- More in the changelog.
Don’t forget to check the plugins – http://azureus.sourceforge.net/plugin_list.php
New remote control plugin – AzSMRC
1.4 Bug fixes and performance improvements
- LAN Peer Finder retains peers more effectively; explicit LAN peer identification.
- Reduced CPU usage when connected to large numbers of peers.
I loves me some new p2p updates and hopefully the competition between uTorrent and Azureus will be a good for everyone involved.